What is SMT assembly?
SMT assembly refers to a series of processes on the basis of A PCB (Printed Circuit Board), which is a Printed Circuit Board. SMT is the abbreviation for Surface Mounted Technology, the most popular Technology and process in the electronic assembly industry.
Electronic circuit Surface Mount Technology (SMT) is called Surface Mount or Surface Mount Technology. It is a kind of Circuit assembly technology that installs leadless or short lead surface assembly components (SMC/SMD) on the surface of Printed Circuit Board (PCB) or other substrate surface, and then assembles by means of reflow soldering or dip soldering.
In general, the electronic products we use are made of PCB plus various capacitors, resistors and other electronic components according to the circuit design, so all kinds of electrical appliances need various SMT chip processing technology to process.
Electronic products pursue miniaturization, previously used perforated plug-in components can not be reduced. Electronic products are more functional, the use of integrated circuits (IC) no longer perforated components, especially large-scale, highly integrated IC, have to use SMD parts. Batch Production, automation production, manufacturers to low cost high output, produce quality products to meet customer demand and strengthen the market competitiveness of the development of electronic components, integrated circuit (IC) development, semiconductor materials for multiple applications. The revolution of electronic science and technology is imperative to follow the international trend.
Advantages of SMT assembly:
High density assembly, small volume of electronic products, light weight, the size and weight of SMT components is only about 1/10 of the traditional plug-in components, after the general use of SMT, the volume of electronic products reduced by 40%~60%, weight reduced by 60%~80%. High reliability, strong vibration resistance. Good high frequency performance. Reduced electromagnetic and rf interference. Easy to implement automation and improve production efficiency. Reduce cost by 30%~50%. Save material, energy, equipment, manpower, time, etc.
Due to the vigorous development of the electronics industry, SMT assembly has realized the prosperity of the industry. It is because of the complexity of SMT chip processing process, so there are a lot of SMT assembly factories, same as our UETPCB, provides customers with 15 years of experience in advanced PCB Assembly technology from prototyping, low volume to high volume global manufacturing.
Basic Processes of SMT assembly:
1. Solder Paste Printing—The solder paste printer which is designed to apply solder paste (a paste of small grains of solder mixed with flux) using a stencil and squeegees to the appropriate pads on the boards.
2. Parts Mounting—Its function is to install surface assembly components accurately to the fixed position of the PCB. The equipment used is SMT placement machine, located behind the solder paste machine in THE SMT production line.
3. Reflow Soldering—the function of reflow soldering is to melt the solder paste and make the surface assembly components firmly adhere to the PCB board. The equipment used is reflow soldering furnace, located in the SMT production line behind the SMT placement machine.
4. Inspection—its function is to inspect the soldering quality and assembly quality of assembled PCB. The equipment used includes magnifying glass, microscope, on-line testing instrument (ICT), flying needle testing, automatic optical testing (AOI), X-ray testing system, functional testing instrument, etc. The location can be configured in the appropriate part of the production line according to the requirements of the inspection
5. Repair—it is used to rework the PCB that has been detected to be out of order. The tools used are soldering irons, repair workstations, etc. Can be configured anywhere in the production line.
6. Cleaning—The function is to remove the soldering residue such as flux on the assembled PCB that is harmful to human body.
Mixed Assembly Technology
1.Single Side Mixed Assembly: In this type, SMDs and through-hole clouds (THCs) are mounted on one side of the PCB.
2.One Side SMT & One Side THT: THCs are mounted on one side while only SMDs on the other side.
3.Double Side Mixed Assembly: In terms of double side mixed assembly methods, there are two alternatives: PCBA with application of adhesives and PCBA without. The application of adhesives increases the overall cost of PCB assembly. Moreover, during this PCBA process, heating has to be carried out for three times, which tends to lead to low efficiency.
Advantages of UETPCB’s SMT Assembly Services?
*Faster Quotes:We offer 24hours quotes for your turnkey PCB assembly order
*Shorter Lead Time:Our full turnkey PCB assembly is a highly-efficient and fast form of electronic assembly. You don’t need to worry about managing multiple vendors from PCB fabrication, components procurement and PCB assembly. With our turnkey PCB assembly services, you can build and refine prototype and fabrication faster, easier, and more effective.
*Lower Cost:Our full-turnkey PCB assembly service is overall cost reduction. we are experienced electronic assemblers who able to get reliable components with relatively low cost based on our long-term cooperation with parts manufacturers or distributors. With end-to-end solutions from a single provider, you can gain significant cost savings, too.
*Better quality control:We have advanced equipment with 6 automated lines and a team of highly qualified staffs who are experienced in working on turn-key circuit board assembly. They not only help meet your expectation in terms of quality, but also complete your projects faster.
UETPCB offers you all the advantages of turnkey PCB Assembly with fast turnaround times and affordable budget. our primary mission is to continually provide high-quality PCB Assembly services makes us the best choice for your electronic manufacturing.Our products are widely used, Automotive, Medical, Consumer Electronics, Aerospace, Digital Communications, Industrial Control and more.